With the help of our generous donors, sponsors, philanthropists and volunteers, we at StreetSmart seek out and fund ‘hard to reach’ grassroots homeless services and projects.
Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
We may collect, use and disclose your personal information to operate our organisation and perform our functions including:
- seeking, facilitating and recording your participation in our projects and work;
- responding to your comments or questions and providing information about us;
- managing our relationship with you and any other person or organisation you represent;
- assessing any application made by you to become a volunteer, contractor or employee;
- training, working with and managing our volunteers, contractors and employees;
- administration including record-keeping, research, internal reviews, analysis and production of consolidated statistics; and
- for supporters (including donors, sponsors, corporate partners and participating restaurants) who provide their personal information:
- processing and recording donations;
- providing receipts;
- communicating with you in relation to support you have offered;
- administering our campaigns; and
- unless you request otherwise, publicising and informing beneficiaries about your support and participation.
In special circumstances, we may also use and disclose your personal information for purposes relating to law enforcement and investigations, protecting our lawful interests and transferring our operations to another entity.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information. For example, we may not be able to contact you, issue receipts or offer employment to you.
If you request it, we also can provide you ongoing information about Streetsmart and ways you can help. You can contact us to change your details or unsubscribe at any time.
Many of our tasks are performed with the assistance of our contractors and volunteers, and we may share personal information with them. We may also provide your personal information to our service providers who assist us with archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, fundraising, delivery, data processing, website or technology services. Streetsmart will only otherwise provide your personal information to third parties with your consent or where required or authorised by law.
Some of the third parties described above may be located in other countries such as the United States and you agree that while they will often be subject to confidentiality or privacy obligations, they may not always follow the particular requirements of Australian privacy laws.
If you visit www.streetsmartaustralia.org (the “Website”) to read, browse or download information, our system may record information such as the date and time of your visit to the Website, the pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information is used for statistical, reporting and website administration and maintenance purposes only.
Like many websites, our Website may use “cookies” from time to time. Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your device through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser. Cookies help us to maintain the continuity of your browsing session and remember your details and preferences when you return. . Most browsers like Internet Explorer and Firefox allow you to adjust settings to easily erase cookies from your hard-drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that some parts of the Website may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
We use GiveNow and Stripe/NAB for the secure processing of online payments. We do not store or have access to your credit card details – they are transmitted directly to GiveNow or Stripe/NAB, as applicable. By making an online payment, you agree to the applicable GiveNow and Stripe terms and privacy policies.
If you are considering sending us any other personal information through our Website or other electronic means, please be aware that the information may be insecure in transit, particularly where no encryption is used (e.g. email, standard HTTP).
The Website may contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of those sites.
Access and further information
Please contact us if you have any further queries or wish to request access to any personal information we may hold about you.
StreetSmart Australia ABN 51 106 387 446
Version 4 – Date of Publication: August 2016